The delivery and maintenance of NMS products face many challenges, and NMSs run in a complex environment. NMS versions need to be incorporated to eliminate NMS running risks, prevent major accidents, improve customer experience, and enhance customer satisfaction.
The U2000 V100R002C01, U2000 V100R003C00, U2000 V100R005C00, N2000 BMS V200R012C03, N2000 BMS V200R012C05, T2000 V200R006C03, T2000 V200R007C03 have been in service for a long time. The latest patches provided by Huawei resolve many major issues.
1. For the U2000 V100R002C01, the following issues occur on the live network:
− The U2000 client fails to be upgraded using the client automatic upgrade (CAU) tool.
− The number of consumed licenses doubles, which is abnormal.
− Massive data is stored in the FTP directory, resulting in insufficient disk space.
− Certain NE functions are unavailable if the NE licenses are enabled.
− Starting routers (including switches) during the polling period sometimes causes a core dump on the NE management process.
− Taking NEs offline sometimes causes a core dump on the NE management process.
− Discrete cross-connections are generated after ASON rerouting.
− The database cannot be restored.
2. For the U2000 V100R003C00, the following issues occur on the live network:
− Users cannot log in to the U2000 when electronic label export is in progress.
− The U2000 shuts down unexpectedly.
− A large number of NEs are disconnected intermittently.
− Automatically discovered ONTs cannot be confirmed.
− Incorrect optical module information is displayed for more than 5000 NEs.
− Services are interrupted after a user deletes tunnels that carry MS-PWs.
− Services are interrupted after a user deletes server trails.
− The database encounters exceptions because of overlong SQL statements.
3. For the U2000 V100R005C00, the following issues occur on the live network:
− A core dump occurs on the performance management system (PMS) process.
− Ethernet port aliases disappear after synchronization.
− When the U2000 manages a datacom NE whose name contains some special characters, the datacom NE panel becomes blank.
− Services are interrupted after a user deletes the tunnels that carry MS-PWs.
− E2E WDM trails fail to be created.
− Nodes fail to be added using the trail cutover automated tool (TCAT).
4. For the N2000 BMS V200R012C03, the following issues occur on the live network:
− The client exits unexpectedly.
− NEs are unreachable.
− The value-added service (VAS) profile cannot be modified using TL1 commands.
5. For the N2000 BMS V200R012C05, the following issues occur on the live network:
− The VAS profile sometimes fails to be applied to ONTs.
− MDUs cannot go online.
− The configuration script management function cannot be used.
6. For the T2000 V200R006C03, the following issues occur on the live network:
− The element management system (EMS) process restarts due to daylight saving time (DST) switching.
− Deleting a service makes other services interrupted.
− Cross-connections cannot be created due to cross-connection ID conflicts.
7. For the T2000 V200R007C03, the following issues occur on the live network:
− A core dump occurs on the NE management process due to subnetwork connection protection (SNCP) switching.
− The ASON-SDH trail licenses are consumed more than they should.
No workarounds can be provided for the above-mentioned issues. Version incorporation must be carried out.
Related representative offices submit rectification applications to incorporate the involved versions.
The following table lists the versions before and after incorporation.
[Rectification Scope and Time Requirements]
1. This rectification notice applies only to global security-insensitive countries and regions. Do not implement this notice in security-sensitive countries and regions. Security-sensitive countries and regions include countries and regions where Vodafone networks are deployed, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Japan, EEA, and their non-native territories and dependencies. The EEA covers 30 European countries, including France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, the UK, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
2. The U2000, N2000 BMS, and T2000 versions should be incorporated worldwide once this rectification notice is issued. The work must be done before Jun 30, 2014.
3. The version incorporation is not required for the sites that will upgrade NMSs to other versions (not included in the above-mentioned versions). The technical support contacts must record such sites.
1. Related representative offices submit applications at Batch Replacement Workflow. For details, see the attachment.
2. During the NMS upgrade or patch installation, the NMS is unavailable but services keep running on NEs. Therefore, in a single-server system, an NMS must be deployed for temporary network monitoring.
3. Engineers must read through the upgrade guide or patch installation guide before performing the NMS upgrade or patch installation. In addition, engineers must strictly follow the guides.
4. For NMSs in the EOS state, engineers in representative offices and customers must upgrade the software or hardware according to Overview of Huawei Network OSS Service Product and Version Lifecycle. These NMSs are not included in this version incorporation.