Creating an MS Ring Protection Subnet
The MS ring protection scheme is adopted in a common ring network. Normally, it is adopted to protect a channel to transmit additional services. By running the APS protocol, it achieves the MS level protection.
You must be an NM user with NE and network maintainer authority or higher.
The NE data must be configured, and fibers must be properly created.
The number of nodes in an MSP ring cannot exceed 16.
When creating a protection subnet, select SDH NEs only. It is not required to select REG or WDM equipment.
Starting the protocol controller may interrupt the service.
- Choose Service > SDH Protection Subnet > Create 2f_MS_SPRing from the Main Menu. The Prompt dialog box is displayed. Click OK to display the Create Protection Subnetdialog box.
To create a four-fiber bidirectional MS shared protection ring, choose Service > SDH Protection Subnet > Create 4f_MS_SPRing from the Main Menu to display the related dialog box.
To create a two-fiber unidirectional MS shared protection ring, choose Service > SDH Protection Subnet > Create 2f_MS_DPRing from the Main Menu to display the related dialog box.
- Enter the name of the protection subnet. The default name is usually used, for example, 2f_MS SPRing_1.
- Select the rate of the protection subnet, for example, STM-4.
- Select Resource Sharing and Assigned by VC4 as needed.
If multiple protection subnets use one port of a board, you need to check the Resource Sharing check box. If MSP Sharing is enabled, you can check the Resource Sharing check box to map a port of the board to multiple MSPs. If different protection subnets use different ports of a board, do not check this check box.
Select the Assigned by VC4 option when there are different VC4s belonging to different protection subnets to achieve MSP only in some channels protection. For example, for an STM-16 fiber, the VC4s 1-4 belong to an STM-4 MSP, and VC4s 5-8 belong to a PP.
- Add nodes to the protection subnet to be created. Double-click the NE on the Main Topology to add it to the node list in the left-hand pane. Meanwhile, is displayed on the NE icon. If you want to cancel the selection, double-click the NE again.
For easy maintenance, the nodes should be added anticlockwise to the protection subnet.
- Set the attribute of the nodes. Select MSP Node in this example.
- Click Next to proceed to the Select Link screen of the wizard. Set parameters, such as Physical Link Information.
If there are multiple fibers between two NEs, select them from the Physical Link Information drop-down list.
If Assigned by VC4 is selected, you can select the working and protection VC4 timeslots as needed.
- Click Finish to deliver the configuration data. Then the Operation Result prompt box is displayed. Click Close.
- Right-click the protection subnet and choose Protection Subnet Attributes from the shortcut menu.
- Click the Protection Subnet Maintenance tab to check whether the protocol controller starts.
If not, do as follows:
- Select all the NEs of the protection subnet.
- Right-click and choose Start/Stop Protocol > Start from the shortcut menu.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that is displayed twice. Ensure that the status of all the values in the Protocol Controller column is Protocol Started.
Click the Protection Subnet Parameters tab and set the WTR time and SD Condition as needed. Click Apply to deliver the configuration. The WTR time of all NEs in the same protection subnet should be the same.
The default value is 600s.