It was reported by the customer that the MSP switching Occurs b/w(NE ID:1923 and NE ID:1960) and clears automatically after few seconds which may affect services due to any abnormality and fiber cut in this ring…
1) Check the MSP configuration which was ok.
1) Check the Optical power performance for 15 min and 24 hour history but there was no fluctuation in power values
2) As the B2_SD and MS_REI alarms observed. Bit Errors also observed so according to this problem was in the Trans of that station where FEBBE errors were zero so we clean the connector and then change the patch cord. After performing this step error reduces to 0-5 error count range. The system was under observation but the switching again occurs.
3) Then we check the status of line boards by performing the loop test at both ends which found ok.
4) Suggest the customer to check the outdoor fiber which found ok.
5) The switching occurs only for few seconds and errors increases at that time but power values not fluctuate so again check the fiber passing below the road after the proper splicing then check the switching status which was ok now. The reason is that when heavy traffic passes then pressure point occurs and errors increases which causes the switching.
1) B2_SD and MS_REI alarms was observed.
2) FEBBE bit errors was observed at one end but at other end no FEBBE errors were observed showing that the problem was in trans of that end where FEBBE errors were zero.
All the possibilities were ok and the fault was in outdoor fiber.
check the fiber passing below the road after the proper splicing then check the switching status which was ok now. The reason is that when heavy traffic passes then pressure point occurs and errors increases which causes the switching.
During Troubleshooting against the MSP Switching issues if all possibilities found ok then issue may relate to the outdoor fiber but in this case the all possibilities were found ok at equipment side and the issue was in outdoor fiber so concentrate at outdoor fiber during troubleshooting…