There is a low probability that NEs report SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms when OptiX OSN 1800s are upgraded from V100R003C01SPC200 or earlier versions to V100R003C01SPC300. As a result, some
boards cannot start up and non-gateway NEs may become unreachable.
Huawei transmission equipment OptiX OSN 1800s are upgraded to V100R003C01SPC300..There is a low probability that NEs report SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms in the activation phase when OptiX OSN 1800s are upgraded from V100R003C01SPC200 or earlier versions to V100R003C01SPC300. As a result, some boards cannot start up and the PROG indicators are steady on (red). If a non-gateway NE uses only one type of boards for communication over the ESC and does not use the extended ECC or the OSC of the system control board, there is a probability that the non-gateway NE becomes unreachable.
In an upgrade, 30 out of 1500 NEs report SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms and 2 NEs become unreachable.
1. Whether NEs report SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms.
2. Whether the non-gateway NE that becomes unreachable uses only one type of boards, for example, only ELOM boards, for ESC communications, and does not use the extended ECC or OSC.
Some software package files of an OptiX OSN 1800 NE are stored in the mfs area. The serial port redirection function, which is a new feature in V100R003C01SPC300, needs a place in the mfs area. The mfs area where the software package files of an OptiX OSN 1800 NE are stored may be mistakenly designated for use by the serial port redirection function. The serial port redirection data is written into the software package files so the software package files are damaged.
This problem does not inevitably arise because the software package files are placed in the mfs areas randomly and the mfs areas where software package files of most NEs are stored do not overlap with the mfs area in which the serial port redirection function data is stored. The following figure illustrates the reason.
[Impact and Risks]
Impacted range: China and outside China
NEs report SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms and non-gateway NEs become unreachable. (Do not reseat service boards for restoration attempts. Otherwise, services are interrupted.) Risky board types: LEM18, ELOM, LQG, LOE, LDX, LSX, LQM, and ELQM
[Measures and Solutions]
1. To handle the SWDL_NEPKGCHECK alarms, see the OptiX OSN 1800 V100R003C01SPH310 Patch Usage Guide.
2. If a non-gateway NE becomes unreachable, reseat the system control board onsite. The NE will automatically roll back to the source version. Restore data and re-load the V100R003C01SPC300+SPH310 package on the U2000.
Use any of the following methods to prevent this problem:
- Enable the extended ECC if there are other NEs in the DCN subnet at the site.
- Use the OSC provided by the system control board for communication.
- Use two or more types of boards for ESC communication on an NE, for example, a combination of ELOM and LDGF boards.