Configuring Express Orderwire
In the case of two NEs without a fiber connection, you can configure the express orderwire to provide the maintenance personnel with an express orderwire channel between the NEs.
You must be an NM user with NE and network operator authority or higher.
The SCC board must be created.
Two NEs must be connected through serial ports or by a telephone line.
1. In the NE Explorer, click an NE and choose Configuration > Orderwire from the Function Tree. Click the Auxiliary tab.
2. Click Query to query information from the NE.
3. Set the SDH NNI Connection.
Use a serial port line to connect the communication ports and a telephone line to connect the phone ports between two NEs.
The auxiliary attributes configuration items of different equipment differ with each other to some extent. Hence, the selected communication port and phone port must be consistent with the actual equipment.
4. Click Apply.
A prompt appears telling you that the operation was successful.
5. Click Close.
6. Repeat Step 1 through Step 5 to configure the orderwire on another station.
Dividing Orderwire Subnets
When there are too many NEs, the concurrent conference calls affect the quality of the conversation. You can assign the subnet number to optical ports, where the conference calls are configured, to allocate the NEs to different orderwire subnets. You can make the conference calls between NEs that are associated with the same orderwire subnet.
You must be an NM user with NE operator authority or higher.
Conference calls must be configured.
Set the length of the subnet number before dividing the orderwire subnet, which can be of one or two digits. Then configure the subnet number. You can obtain the subnet conference call number by overlaying the preceding digits of the conference call number by subnet number. For example, if the conference call number is 999 and the subnet number is 1, the subnet conference call number of the subnet 1 is 199.
The optical interfaces with the same subnet number belong to the same orderwire subnet.
The different optical interfaces on each NE can belong to different orderwire subnets. Hence, an NE can belong to several orderwire subnet at the same time.
1. In the NE Explorer, click the NE and choose Configuration > Orderwire from the Function Tree.
2. Optional: Click the Auxiliary tab and set Subnet NO. Length.
When the Subnet NO. Length is set to 1, the Subnet of the Subnet No. for the Optical Interface is in the range of 0 to 9. When the Subnet NO. Length is set to 2, the Subnetof the Subnet No. for the Optical Interface is in the range of 0 and 10 to 99.
3. Click the Subnet No. for the Optical Interface tab.
4. Click Query to query information from the NE.
5. Select an optical port where conference calls are configured, and click the subnet field and enter a subnet number.
The optical ports that have the same subnet number belong to the same orderwire subnet.
6. Click Apply.